The BMO Centre is opening its doors to the community and we would like to invite players and fans from your soccer team/club to join with us in this celebration.
The BMO Centre, owned and operated by the London Optimists, is a 110,000 square foot world class soccer and sports facility. This will be one of the largest, primarily soccer based, sports centres in Canada. The field opens to a full size FIFA regulation field but will typically be split into 4 mini indoor soccer fields for league play and tournaments. There is also a 1,360 foot long exercise track.
- Saturday, October 22nd, 295 Rectory, London (free parking, map attached)
- Complimentary BBQ from 11:00am - 2:00pm (while supplies last)
- Exercise Track available for use
- Guided tours of the facility provided
- Meet and interact with players from FC London, London City, Fanshawe and Western
Bring your shoes and be a part of soccer history by participating in one of the organized Community Games or the Community Soccer Experience (skills, drills and activities, no experience required).
Participation for the Community Games is based on a lottery and to register for the chance to play go to the London SportsXpress facebook page and click on BMO Centre Launch.
Deadline to register is Wed, Oct 12th and results will be announced Fri, Oct 14th.
Community Soccer Games Schedule:
- 10:00am: 4 mini games for ages: 10/11, 12/13, 14/15 & Special Olympics
- 11:00am: Police vs Fire Fighters Challenge
- 12:00pm: BMO Youth teams plus Community Soccer Experience
- 1:00pm: Adult Co-ed games (ages 16+)
If you are interested in field reservations at the BMO Centre for this fall or spring please call Tom at 519 871 9191.
Greg Matthison, Director of Marketing